Sunday 16 August 2015

Whole Wheat Carrot Cake

This is my first post in cakes and bakes.. Eariler baking was not my cup of tea! I alwz thought it's  too complicated...  It's after my daughter started eating cakes is when I had thought why not give it a try...

Started following few blogs and TV shows reaserchd a bit about it learned the basic steps to be followed.

 Soon started baking and my first cake was choco banana cake ( I will be posting the recipe soon ) it really came out well  & that was the beginning...
I even started baking with whole wheat flour..
It's healthy not nly for kids but even us.

So let me start with a healthy reciepe.
Sharing my all time  favourite whole wheat carrot cake ..

Do try and put in your valuable suggestions..

Ingredient's

Whole wheat flour 1 cup ( or little less than 1 cup )
Grated carrot 1 cup
Roasted nuts 1 cup ( optional )
Granulated white sugar 1/2 cup
Honey 1/4 cup
Baking soda 1/2 Tsp
Baking powder 3/4 tsp 
Salt 1/4 tsp
Sunflower oil or any odorless oil 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Eggs 2 nos
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp ( optional)

Method:
In a large bowl sift the whole wheat flour , baking soda , baking powder 
To that add salt and cinnamon powder 
Whisk all together and keep aside
In an electric stand mixer or a hand mixer beat the eggs until fluffy 
To that add sugar and honey and beat till the mixture becomes thick and light in color ( since we add honey it will have a bit darker color )
Then to this mixture add vanill a extract and oil and beat for min or two
Then add the flour mixture in two parts..
Do not overmix 
To this add the carrots and nuts and gently mix with a rubber spatula until incorporated..
Pour the mixture in to pan
Bake for around 20 to 25 mins at 180°c (350F)
 Remove from the oven and let it cool
After 5 to 10 min remove from the pan and invert it on a wire rack and let it cool completely.

You can do a cream cheese frosting for this.
 I rarely do frosting my daughter loves without it ..

Notes:
You can layer this cake with crease cheese frosting

Do watch this space for more exciting recipes...

 Happy baking guys..